Air Pollution Control Engineer
Pinchin Environmental Ltd. is a leading Environmental, Health and Safety consulting firm in Canada. We provide services across Canada to a wide variety of building owners and industrial facilities from a network of over 30 offices. We have a reputation, built over 30 years, of providing responsive and practical solutions to clients. Our place among Canada’s Best 50 Workplaces reflects our commitment to staff development and quality.
We are looking for an Air Pollution Control Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have in depth knowledge of industrial ventilation systems and associated air pollution control devices (dust collectors, scrubbers, thermal oxidizers, etc.).
Knowledge of the manufacturing sector (food & beverage, chemical, and plastics) is considered an asset. As well, the ideal candidate is expected to have Project Management experience, and be able to act as the principal point of contact during project execution.
- Providing design and technical support for the layout, design and specification of ventilation systems including tie-ins to pollution control devices and their related infrastructure
- Travelling to site locations for design, construction and commissioning assistance
- Conduct ventilation studies to investigate the existing air pollution control systems, and provide technical recommendations to attain desired air quality or energy savings
- Feasibility studies for determination of appropriation pollution abatement technology
- Management of construction contracts, and oversight of subcontractors
- Develop cost estimations and write proposals for contract work
- Bachelor of Applied Science or Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-8 years experience in the consulting industry or relevant industry
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng)
- Proficiency with AutoCAD for the purpose of designing ventilation systems
- Knowledge of ACGIH, SMACNA and ASHRAE design guidelines for industrial ventilation
- Knowledge of NFPA, Ontario Fire and Building Codes, as applicable to ventilation systems
- Experience with CCDC contracts, and municipal building permits are an asset
Candidates must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, be personable and present well with clients.
This position requires short term work related travel. Therefore, a valid driver’s license, insurance & personal vehicle is required (work-related travel expenses will be compensated).
Recognized by Great Places to Work Institute
Recognized for 7 years in a row as one of the “Best Workplaces in Canada” by the Great Places to Work Institute, Pinchin Environmental is looking for the best and the brightest candidates. Your reward is one of the most competitive salary and benefits packages in the industry, and a company culture that values an equitable work/life balance.
We appreciate applications from all candidates, however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
"Pinchin Environmental is committed to Employment Equity."
Attach Resume and Cover Letter
If you’re ready for a challenging, rewarding opportunity, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter with the form below.