Pinchin Environmental Ltd. is a leading Environmental, Health and Safety consulting firm in Canada. We provide services across Canada to a wide variety of clients from a network of over 30 offices. We have a reputation, built over 30 years, of providing responsive and practical solutions to clients. Our place among Canada’s Best 50 Workplaces reflects our commitment to staff development and quality.
The Sault Ste. Marie office is currently accepting applications for the position of Environmental Monitor. Reporting to the Office Manager, the Environmental Monitor will perform the required position duties at the office location and at a remote client site. The ideal candidate will be able to work on a shift rotation schedule and be willing to take on after-hours “on-call” responsibility.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Conduct daily site inspections and meet daily/weekly reporting requirements;
- Conduct water sampling as per Environmental Approvals, permits or otherwise requested;
- Supervise waste management/disposal activities and maintain waste records;
- Maintain environmental logs and records as per company and government environmental policies;
- Interpretation of environmental regulations and investigation results to successfully meet the clients requirements;
- Develop and implement environmental plans;
- Provide relevant environmental advice;
- Incident investigation, documentation and follow up including retraining and evaluations;
- Working with site health and safety personnel when required;
- Complete monitoring of construction activities to remain in compliance;
- Conduct and/or supervise construction activities and implement Environmental Protection Plans;
- Conduct and coordinate environmental meetings and compliance when required;
- Incident and violations monitoring and documentation.
When reviewing resumes and interviewing candidates, we will be looking for:
- Environmental monitoring experience;
- Understanding of contractor duties and responsibilities;
- Knowledge of Ontario environmental regulations and practices related to the Ministry of the Environment and the Ministry of Natural Resources;
- Knowledge of Canadian legislation and best practices related to Lakes and Rivers Improvement Act, Department of Fisheries and Oceans, and Navigable Waters Protection Act;
- Environmental Education from a recognized College, University, or trade school;
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and an excellent driving record;
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills;
- Ability to establish goals and objectives with established organizational, presentation and coaching skills;
- Superior verbal and written communication;
- Evidence of working independently and as a self-starter;
- Pleasant demeanor with an unwavering commitment to environmental health and safety;
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Adobe.
The successful candidate will need a personal vehicle but will also have access to a company vehicle for use at the site location. While working out of town, all meals and accommodations will be provided.
In return to your hard work and dedication, Pinchin Environmental is offers a remuneration package made up of an annual salary and profit sharing. In addition to your salary, you will receive comprehensive benefits, which includes:
· Generous medical and dental plan;
· Extended health care and prescription drugs coverage;
· Life insurance along with long term disability;
· Fitness reimbursement;
· Group RRSP enrollment.
Recognized by the Great Place to Work Institute
Recognized for 8 years in a row as one of the “Best Workplaces in Canada” by the Great Places to Work Institute, Pinchin Environmental is looking for the best and the brightest candidates. Your reward is one of the most competitive salary and benefits packages in the industry, and a company culture that values an equitable work/life balance.
We appreciate applications from all candidates, however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
"Pinchin Environmental is committed to Employment Equity."
Attach Resume and Cover Letter
If you’re ready for a challenging, rewarding opportunity, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter with the form below.