Manager, Acoustical Engineering Services
The Mississauga office is currently recruiting for the position of Manager, Acoustical Engineering Services to join the Emissions Reduction & Compliance group. You will be called upon to provide vision and direction as a member of the group’s senior leadership team. The ideal candidate will be able to develop new business lines and grow existing noise services. You will mentor existing staff and be responsible for hiring new staff to meet the demands of our industrial, commercial and municipal clients.
The ideal candidate will have extensive client management and project management experience, and is recognized as a technical expert in the field of noise and vibration. Past experience as an expert witness at OMB hearings would be considered a strong asset. This position is ideally suited for senior engineers who are looking for a challenge of developing a premier noise consulting group or repeating past successes in a new business environment.
- Developing and growing noise and vibration services within Canada
- Solving challenging environmental problems with turn-key supply options
- Completing and directing technical aspects of projects
- Testifying as an expert witness in OMB hearings
- Supervising and mentoring staff in the Acoustics group
- Senior review on technical reports, proposals, and client communications
- Developing business and marketing plans
- Responsible for financial performance of services
- Bachelors degree in engineering or applied science, preferably with Masters or Ph.D
- 10 or more year’s relevant consulting experience
- Strong knowledge of physical acoustics
- Proven ability to manage and mentor staff
- Able to identify and capitalize on business opportunities
- Experience in the preparation of Acoustic Assessment Reports (MOE) and Noise Abatement Action Plans (NAAPs)
- Sound knowledge of MOE NPC and Land Use guidelines
- Knowledge of acoustical requirements for buildings
- Experienced with the development and implementation of noise abatement solutions and equipment
- Established as expert witness
You must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, be personable and be able to work well with clients. This position may require work related travel, therefore, a valid driver's license, insurance and personal vehicle is required (work-related travel expenses will be compensated).
Recognized by Great Places to Work Institute
Recognized for 7 years in a row as one of the “Best Workplaces in Canada” by the Great Places to Work Institute, Pinchin Environmental is looking for the best and the brightest candidates. Your reward is one of the most competitive salary and benefits packages in the industry, and a company culture that values an equitable work/life balance.
We appreciate applications from all candidates, however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
"Pinchin Environmental is committed to Employment Equity."
Attach Resume and Cover Letter
If you’re ready for a challenging, rewarding opportunity, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter with the form below.