Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge in your career? Pinchin’s London office has a great oppourtunity for an experienced Environmental Operations Manager to join and provide leadership for the Environmental Due Diligence & Remediation group.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Operations Manager will be responsible for the following areas:
Financial and Administrative Responsibilities
- Demonstrating good business knowledge and awareness of financial implications of day-to-day decisions made with regard to projects
- Ensuring that group budgets are prepared on time and that profit and utilization targets are met
- Ensuring that employees under his/her control and direct reports submit internal reporting information on a timely basis (e.g. time entry, expense reports, pre-bills, etc.)
- Tracking monthly group performance (client satisfaction; revenue/profit; A/R; WIP; billings; etc.)
Supervision of Project Managers and Project Technologists/Scientists
- Ensuring the well-being and safety of Pinchin employees at all work sites
- Performance measurement and discipline
- Coordinating group resources, including employee allocation, equipment control and maintenance, vacation scheduling, weekend resources, etc.
- Providing technical assistance to employees under supervision
- Liaison between clients and Pinchin employees
Coordination of Project activities
- Assigning work to group employees as appropriate, depending on work loads
- Overseeing preparation of contract documents to Pinchin standards
- Coordinating work and client contacts with other groups within the Company and the Pinchin Group
Training and Mentoring of Employees under Supervision
- Supervising employees and monitoring their job proficiency and quality
- Ensuring employees are trained in, and maintain, company procedures and programs
- Working with employees to develop and instil goals set in Pinchin’s Employee Development Program
Maintaining Quality Control
- Reviewing the work of employees under supervision and colleagues to ensure it meets the standards established for Pinchin work
- Reviewing your own work prior to submitting for quality review
- Making suggestions to the Regional Manager to continually improve work quality
- Diploma/Degree from an accredited University within a related field
- 8 – 10 years of experience
- Licensed professional in a respective discipline (CET, P.Geo. or P.Eng.)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience with Phase I & II ESAs, remediation, compliance audits, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail required
- Proven group management experience
Recognized by the Great Place to Work Institute
Recognized for 8 years in a row as one of the “Best Workplaces in Canada” by the Great Places to Work Institute, Pinchin is looking for the best and the brightest candidates. Your reward is one of the most competitive salary and benefits packages in the industry, and a company culture that values an equitable work/life balance.
We appreciate applications from all candidates, however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
"Pinchin is committed to Employment Equity."
Attach Resume and Cover Letter
If you’re ready for a challenging, rewarding opportunity, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter with the form below.