Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge in your career? Well here’s a great oppourtunity to join our Hamilton office as an Operations Manager to support the Environmental Due Diligence & Remediation group.
Pinchin Environmental Ltd. is a leading Environmental, Health and Safety consulting firm in Canada. We provide services across Canada to a wide variety of clients from a network of over 30 offices. We have a reputation, built over 30 years, of providing responsive and practical solutions to clients. Our place among Canada’s Best 50 Workplaces reflects our commitment to staff development and quality.
1. Financial and Administrative Responsibilities
- Demonstrating good business knowledge and awareness of financial implications of day-to-day decisions made with regard to projects
- Complying with Company policies and procedures
Responsible for group financial performance ensuring that:
- Group budgets are prepared on time for review by the Regional Manager
- Profit and utilization targets are met
- Employees under supervision perform administrative responsibilities on a timely basis
- Maintaining master project documents and making recommendations for changes as required
- Maintaining a personal utilization of at least 60%
- Representing Pinchin in a professional & courteous manner
- Ensuring that employees under his/her control and direct reports submit internal reporting information on a timely basis (e.g. time entry, expense reports, pre-bills, etc.)
- Track monthly group performance (client satisfaction; revenue/profit; A/R; WIP; billings; etc.)
Supervision of Project Managers and Project Technologists/Scientists
- Ensuring the well-being and safety of Pinchin employees at all work sites
- Performance measurement and discipline
- Ensuring proper equipment is assigned to each employee
- Coordinating group resources, including employee allocation, equipment control and maintenance, vacation scheduling, weekend resources, etc.
- Providing technical assistance to employees under supervision
- Liaison between clients and Pinchin employees
Coordination of Project activities
- Scheduling inspections, surveys and meetings with clients/contractors
- Assigning work to group employees as appropriate, depending on work loads
- Overseeing preparation of contract documents to Pinchin standards
- Coordinating work and client contacts with other groups within the Company and the Pinchin Group
Training and Mentoring of Employees under Supervision
- Ensuring that employees are performing their work in a safe manner
- Supervising employees and monitoring their job proficiency
- Ensuring employees are trained in, and maintain, company procedures and programs
- Providing technical assistance to employees
- Controlling and monitoring the quality of work performed by employees
- Working with employees to develop and instil goals set in Pinchin’s Employee Development Program
Maintaining Quality Control
- Participating in all quality control initiatives
- Reviewing the work of employees under supervision and colleagues to ensure it meets the standards established for Pinchin work
- Reviewing their own work prior to submitting for quality review
- Submitting all work for quality review prior to submission to clients
- Making suggestions to the Regional Manager to continually improve work quality
Performing Project Management Duties
- Client Development and Marketing
- Overseeing consulting projects, including assessments, contract preparation, and remediation work
- Preparing contract documents for projects
- Supervising Project Technicians/Technologists in their job functions
- Training and mentoring of junior staff, including reviewing of written work
- Maintaining and enhancing quality control within the group
- Diploma/Degree within a related field with an associated professional designation
- 8 – 10 years of experience
- Licensed professional in a respective discipline (CET, P.Geo. or P.Eng.)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to comprehend and proof all written reports and correspondence
- Extensive experience with Phase I & II ESAs, remediation, compliance audits, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail required
- Exposure with Groundwater modelling software
- Proven group management experience, preferably with a group of at least 15 staff
- Must be able to manage a small to mid-size group of technical staff
- Must be willing to work outside of normal working hours (i.e. evenings and weekends) on a regular basis.
This position will require work related travel, therefore a valid driver’s license insurance & personal vehicle is required (work-related travel expenses will be compensated).
Recognized by Great Places to Work Institute
Recognized for 7 years in a row as one of the “Best Workplaces in Canada” by the Great Places to Work Institute, Pinchin Environmental is looking for the best and the brightest candidates. Your reward is one of the most competitive salary and benefits packages in the industry, and a company culture that values an equitable work/life balance.
We appreciate applications from all candidates, however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
"Pinchin Environmental is committed to Employment Equity."
Attach Resume and Cover Letter
If you’re ready for a challenging, rewarding opportunity, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter with the form below.