Pinchin’s Building Science & Sustainability department is looking for a Project Technologist to join their team in the Mississauga office. This field technician role involves performing field activities as well as in-office work. Overall duties included in this job description are:
- Performing Building Condition Assessments and Energy Audits
- Inspecting, designing and administering remedial work
- Preparing reports, summarizing data and creating CAD drawings
- Maintaining and enhancing quality control within the group through timely and accurate review of work prior to submittal
Candidates who possess a high level of communication and attention to detail are invited to apply. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate time management and organizational skills. We will be looking for the following qualifications from those who apply:
- College diploma in Construction Technology or Architectural Technology, or a Bachelor of Science in Architectural or Applied Science
- Experience with building construction or maintenance, HVAC technology, Building Condition Assessments or Reserve Fund Studies will be considered a definite asset
- Working knowledge of the National and Ontario Building Codes, would be considered an asset
- Experience with the application of ASTM E2018-08 & E1557-09 preferred
- Energy Modeling experience including work with computer software such as EE4, RetScreen, eQuest, would be considered an asset
- Experience with ASHRAE standards including 62.1, and 90.1 preferred
- Intermediate level of proficiency with AutoCAD
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This position requires short term work related travel. Therefore, a valid driver’s license, insurance & personal vehicle is required (work-related travel expenses will be compensated). This position is ideal for those who enjoy a combination of office and outdoor work. Applicants must, at times, be willing to perform work outside of a standard set of core hours.
Recognized by the Great Place to Work Institute
Recognized for 8 years in a row as one of the “Best Workplaces in Canada” by the Great Places to Work Institute, Pinchin is looking for the best and the brightest candidates. Your reward is one of the most competitive salary and benefits packages in the industry, and a company culture that values an equitable work/life balance.
We appreciate applications from all candidates, however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
"Pinchin is committed to Employment Equity."
Attach Resume and Cover Letter
If you’re ready for a challenging, rewarding opportunity, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter with the form below.