Asbestos Worker Training
Course Type: Course
Course Length: 1 day
Course Overview and Scope
This course is intended for those who will perform Type 1 and Type 2 asbestos work operations. Please note: the scope of this course is not sufficient for performing Type 3 asbestos work. Contact us if you require guidance on determining the training that is appropriate for you.
The course meets the requirements of Manitoba’s Workplace Safety and Health Regulation 217-2006, Part 37 Asbestos for training of workers working with asbestos.
In this course you will learn about:
- Uses and common types of asbestos-containing materials (ACM) in buildings
- Health effects of asbestos exposure
- Manitoba Safety & Health Regulation
- Classification of Asbestos Operations
- Measures and procedures for Types 1 and 2 Asbestos Operations
- Personal hygiene and personal protective equipment for Types 1 and 2 Asbestos Operations (including training on respirator use & care)
- Requirements for asbestos waste transportation and disposal
This course also includes:
- A half-face respirator and respirator fit testing for each participant
- Important: In order to be provided with and fit tested for a respirator, an individual must be clean-shaven where the respirator seals to the face (this includes no beard, goatee, or significant stubble).
Proof of Training
Upon completing this course, each participant is provided with a certificate as proof of the training.
Please note: Payment must be received and processed before a certificate is issued. Refer to our course payment policies for more details.
We currently do not have dates scheduled for this course – for information on this and other upcoming seminars please sign up for our what’s new emails.
Do you prefer to hold this course on-site at your location instead? Please contact us to request a quote.
Asbestos Awareness in Alberta
Asbestos Control in Buildings and Industry in Manitoba
Asbestos Control in Buildings and Industry in Ontario
Asbestos Type 3 Abatement Supervisor (MTCU 253S) Course
Asbestos Type 3 Abatement Worker (MTCU 253W) Course
Asbestos Types 1 & 2 Worker Training
Alberta Asbestos Worker Certificate
Asbestos Awareness in Ontario
Federal Asbestos Regulations Update
Managing Hazardous Building Materials
Hazardous Building Materials 101
Continuing Education Points
This course is eligible for certification maintenance points from certain organizations listed on our Continuing Education Points page.
Related Pinchin Consulting Services
Pinchin Ltd. offers expert consulting services and courses in wide array of subject areas. Browse our website or contact us for information.
Pinchin’s courses are conducted by instructors who are consultants and engineers with experience and expertise in their subject matters, and are selected from our staff for their knowledge and presentation skills.