Solutions for Contaminated Site Management
Please contact us via the blue “Have a question about this course?” button to let us know that you are interested in attending.
Remediation or Risk Assessment or Both?
In order to obtain a Record of Site Condition based on a Risk Assessment (RA), the Qualified Person (QPRA) must certify that he or she has conducted or supervised a risk assessment or remediation (QPESA) according to the regulation.
This presentation is intended to be a primer for applications of remediation or risk assessment and in some cases both. Course instructors are recognized experts across North America in the remediation and risk assessment fields who have been involved with selecting site management solutions at sites contaminated with:
- chlorinated solvents
- petroleum hydrocarbons
- petroleum products and additives
This breakfast presentation will briefly cover the fundamentals of science and application of risk assessment and remediation including case study examples of how the approaches can be implemented individually or in a combination, to provide a solution.
This presentation will cover the following:
- What is human health and ecological risk assessment?
- How are risk assessments conducted under Ontario Regulation 153/04?
- What is soil vapour intrusion and why is it important?
- Remediation technologies – how where and what they are applicable for.
- Combined risk assessment/remediation solutions.
Case study examples include:
- A combined chlorinated solvent/petroleum hydrocarbon site in Ontario.
- A hexavalent chromium site in California.
- Risk assessment of a former metal recycling facility
- Risk assessment for a shopping mall with residual petroleum impacts
- Robert W. Tossell, P.Ag. - Director of Remediation, Pinchin Environmental
- John Goodin, QPRA - Director, Risk Assessment, Pinchin Environmental
Have a Question for Our Course Leader?
Pinchin delivers close to a hundred seminars per year and we recognize that some people are not comfortable asking potentially sensitive questions in an open forum. We will gladly deal with these one-on-one but if you want to email the question ahead of time, we'll make sure we answer it during the seminar. Send questions to General Inquiries.
Pinchin Environmental speakers are consultants and engineers working in their respective areas and selected from our staff for their knowledge and presentation skills.