Asbestos Awareness Half Day Course
This half day asbestos course is designed for those who will, or may administer an Asbestos Management Program, supervise building maintenance or construction and those managing Health and Safety Programs.
All students will receive a certificate of completion.
The Content and General Schedule of the Program is as Follows:
- History of asbestos in Canadian building materials
- General locations and types of asbestos used in construction
- Health effects of asbestos exposure and preventive measures
Ministry of Labour Regulation 278/05:
- Application, Asbestos Management Programs (AMP’s)
- Responsibilities of Owners under normal operations
- Asbestos Assessments, methods and limitations
- Classification of Asbestos Work, (Types 1,2 and 3)
- Type 1 Measures and Procedures
- Type 2 and 3 Measures and Procedures (brief summary)
- Contractor Safety Programs – Development & Implementation
For every 4 persons from the same company, the 5th person is free.
Awards and Points
Need a group of people trained? Need a course other than the dates provided? It may be more productive to have custom training for your environmental & health and safety needs.
Complete the "Quote form" and one of our Trainers will give you a call to provide an accurate quote and further details.Request a Quote
Have a Question for Our Course Leader?
Pinchin delivers close to a hundred seminars per year and we recognize that some people are not comfortable asking potentially sensitive questions in an open forum. We will gladly deal with these one-on-one but if you want to email the question ahead of time, we'll make sure we answer it during the seminar. Send questions to General Inquiries.
Pinchin Environmental speakers are consultants and engineers working in their respective areas and selected from our staff for their knowledge and presentation skills.