Asbestos Control in Buildings & Industry In Manitoba
The Manitoba Safety and Health Regulation 217/2006 became effective February 1, 2007. It contains specific requirements regarding asbestos.
This 3 day asbestos course:
- outlines the requirements of Manitoba Safety and Health Regulation 217/2006
- instructs attendees as to why asbestos needs to be managed in workplaces
- provides practical issues to consider when developing a control plan.
Note that an asbestos control plan is only one of the items specifically required by this regulation.
Who is this for?
Pinchin Environmental offers this 3-day course to instruct building owners, facilities managers, contractors, consultants, designers and site supervisors in all phases of asbestos control.
At the end of this course, participants will have a broad understanding of:
- Types and Uses of Asbestos;
- Health Effects – Occupational and Non-Occupational;
- Building Survey and Bulk Sampling Methods, Options and Considerations to be made during Implementation;
- Hazard Assessment and Control Options including Bulk and Air Sampling;
- Interpretation of Sample Results;
- Manitoba Labour - Workplace Safety and Health Division Asbestos Regulations;
- Manitoba Conservation Transportation and Disposal Regulations and Requirements;
- Control Plan (also referred to as an Asbestos Management Program) Development;
- How to Perform Major Asbestos Control Projects - Notifications and Site Preparation;
- Worker Protection - Type 2 or Type 3 Work;
- Asbestos Removal and Clean-up Methods; Clearance Air Monitoring;
- Sources of equipment and supplies.
Format and Methodology:
This is a three-day course based on the Dr. Don Pinchin Course Model developed and presented over the past 25 years for hundreds of attendees. It covers theoretical principles but stresses practical field experience of asbestos control. It includes lectures, audio-visuals and demonstrations in several areas. Group input and discussions are strongly encouraged.
A course manual is provided to minimize the need to take notes and to maximize participation. The course manual also allows for better retention of knowledge and follow-up reference material.
Please ensure you comply with OSHA's Requirements for a Respiratory Protection:
Fit testing will not be done on anyone with facial hair that passes between the respirator seal and the face or interferes with valve function. Such facial hair includes stubble, beards and long sideburns. Attendees who wish to be fit tested for a respirator must be clean shaven prior to attending.
Awards and Points
Need a group of people trained? Need a course other than the dates provided? It may be more productive to have custom training for your environmental & health and safety needs.
Complete the "Quote form" and one of our Trainers will give you a call to provide an accurate quote and further details.Request a Quote
Have a Question for Our Course Leader?
Pinchin delivers close to a hundred seminars per year and we recognize that some people are not comfortable asking potentially sensitive questions in an open forum. We will gladly deal with these one-on-one but if you want to email the question ahead of time, we'll make sure we answer it during the seminar. Send questions to General Inquiries.
Pinchin Environmental speakers are consultants and engineers working in their respective areas and selected from our staff for their knowledge and presentation skills.