Indoor Air Quality & Mould
Pinchin Services for a Healthy Indoor Environment
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) is one of today's most important health and safety issues. Air-tight buildings, outdated or poorly maintained ventilation systems, indoor air contaminants such as dust, mould, or chemicals finishes, can all be detrimental to occupant comfort and health. These issues decrease productivity and occupant satisfaction and also contribute to increased healthcare and building operation costs. Building owners, managers and employers are well advised to provide good air quality.
From IAQ Investigations to Training Seminars, Pinchin provides a Full Range of Professional Services to meet with your needs:
Indoor Air Quality Investigations
Our trained, experienced consultants have performed thousands of IAQ investigations. We take the big picture view, looking at all factors that could impact on indoor air quality including heating air conditioning and ventilation (HVAC) systems, offgassing from finishes and furnishings, and microbial contamination such as moulds or bacteria. Pinchin's professional services help our clients meet occupant's expectations for satisfactory indoor air quality.
- For more information on Indoor Air Quality - IAQ)
- Investigations to identify & evaluate indoor environmental factors
- Testing for gases, vapours & dusts relevant to indoor air quality
- Inspection of ventilation systems
- Proactive surveys to audit the indoor air quality and building maintenance.
- Selection of finishes and installation review for improved indoor air quality
- Radon testing and mitigation
Mould and Bacteria Contamination
Any water damage building can support indoor mould growth, now recognized as an important health hazard. Pinchin Environmental is a leading service provider for the assessment and control of mould or bacteria contamination.
- Investigations of suspected microbial contamination
- Testing for mould & bacteria in bulk, air, swab & water samples
- Development of remediation plans & project management for microbial contamination
- Preparation of mould prevention plans
- Accredited analytical services for mould and bacteria analysis
- Expert witness & consulting services
Legionnaire’s disease is a potentially fatal lung infection caused by the inhalation of Legionella bacteria. Outbreaks with this disease with multiple fatalities are all too common and a major liability for building operators. The Legionella organism can multiply in many common building systems such as cooling towers, hot and cold water systems and whirlpools. Only careful investigations and testing can control this risk. Pinchin helps clients prevent the risk of Legionnaire’s disease through the design of proper maintenance and monitoring of at-risk systems, and where necessary, the assessment and control of potential outbreaks. Contact us to assist your control of this risk.
- In-depth Legionella consulting services
- Building Legionella risk assessments and outbreak investigations
- Legionella risk management & preventive maintenance programs
- US CDC Certified Legionella analysis of water and surface samples
Environmental Aspects of Building Sustainability Recognition Programs
Pinchin Environmental has a broad range of capabilities and expertise to help project managers earn credits towards their certification goals.
LEED Certification, both New Construction and Existing Building
- Site Selection, Redevelopment of Contaminated Sites, Construction Waste Management, Indoor Environmental Quality
BOMA BESt Certification
- Commercial Waste, Hazardous Materials, Indoor Air Quality and Chemical Inventory
Pinchin’s IICRC trained consultants are experts in solving a wide range of IAQ, mould, microbial and other flood related issues that can seriously affect the health of building occupants. Pinchin can ensure that your post-flood indoor environment is healthy and safe. Contact us to find out how.
- Moisture mapping to delineate areas requiring drying
- Bacteria and mould testing after contaminated water floods
- 3rd party oversight and documentation of flood mitigation
Construction/Maintenance Related Infection Control in Healthcare Settings
Patients in health care facilities are at risk of developing potentially fatal hospital-acquired infections from exposure to moulds or bacteria disturbed by maintenance or construction work. Pinchin provides specialized preventative infection control services to assist those responsible for construction, maintenance and infection control in Health Care Facilities to minimize occupant risk during construction/renovation activities.
- Development of work plans to comply with CSA and Health Canada Standards
- Project management, inspection and testing
- Development of management programs for health care construction/maintenance-related infection control procedures
Environmental Microbiology Laboratory Services
The Pinchin Environmental Microbiology Laboratory is independently accredited for the analysis of moulds by the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) Environmental Microbiology Laboratory Accreditation Program, and Certified for the analysis of Legionella in water by the US Centers for Disease Control ELITE program.
- Mould in bulk, air, swab & water samples
- Analysis of selected bacteria
- Legionella in water and on surfaces
Other Environmental Laboratory Services:
Pinchin Environmental offers 2 hour to 3-day courses on all IAQ related services, both at our offices and on-site. All courses meet professional development requirements for the major public health and occupational health and safety professional organizations.
Indoor Air Quality & Mould Services Brochure PDF
Contact Pinchin Consulting Services
To contact us about Consulting Services related to this topic, please use the blue "Contact Us" button in the left hand column to reach us by phone or email.