Flood Restoration - What Facilities People Should Know
This Complimentary Session Provides an Overview of the Following:
- Update on regulations and guidelines, general liabilities and due diligence responses to water damage and mould growth
- Review of the categories of water damage
- What needs to be completed during a flood assessment
- The remediation monitoring and documentation process
Flood incidents in buildings can result in many inconveniences such as business interruption, accessibility issues and damages to building materials. Immediate response is key to limiting these inconveniences and limiting secondary damages such as microbial growth.
Employers, property managers and facility managers face both regulatory actions and civil litigation if they do not effectively prevent or manage situations of potential mould growth.
Understanding the three categories of water damage will aid in decisions for removal versus salvaging building finishes. Assessing the extent of water damage and monitoring the remediation efforts will provide documentation that all affected areas have been adequately remediated.
- Elvira De Gasperis, B.Sc. Hons., CRSP., Senior Project Manager, Indoor Air Quality & Mould
- Ottawa and Sudbury sessions presented by Tyler Kiss, Project Manager, Indoor Air Quality & Mould
- Kingston sessions presented by Mike Harrett, Operations Manager, Hazardous Materials, Kingston Office.
- Winnipeg sessions presented by Jay Snedden, Technical Manager, Indoor Air Quality & Microbial Contamination
This Course; Please feel free to contact us for more information about this course via the blue "Have a Question About this Course" button near the top of this page or call us at 1.855.PINCHIN (746-2446).
Other Courses: It is best to use the "Have a Question About this Course" button at the top of the appropriate Course page, but should you wish to talk to us about courses not listed on our website, please use our Ontario Courses Contact Form, our Manitoba Courses Contact Form or call us at 1.855.PINCHIN (746-2446) ext 1335.
- Pinchin Consulting Services: To contact us about Consulting Services related to this course, please us the blue "Contact Us" button in the left hand column to reach us via email or phone.
Have a Question for Our Course Leader?
Pinchin delivers close to a hundred seminars per year and we recognize that some people are not comfortable asking potentially sensitive questions in an open forum. We will gladly deal with these one-on-one but if you want to email the question ahead of time, we'll make sure we answer it during the seminar. Send questions to General Inquiries at our Head Office.
Pinchin Environmental speakers are consultants and engineers working in their respective areas and selected from our staff for their knowledge and presentation skills.