Hazards and Control of Mould & Legionella in Buildings
Building owners have known for some time that water damage that leads to mould growth is an environmental liability needing immediate attention. Recent outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease have reminded us of the need to control this risk as well.
This seminar will prepare those responsible for managing buildings with the information for controlling the risk of mould and Legionella contamination.
Who Should Attend?
It is designed to meet the needs of:
- Property managers
- Human resources and health and safety staff, and JHSC members
- Insurance professionals and other risk managers
- Abatement and restoration contractors
- Introduction to mould biology and growth in buildings
- Health effects of exposure to mould in buildings
- Regulations and guidelines for assessment and control
- Due diligence in responding to water damage or mould growth
- Legionella risk identification and control
- Managing buildings to prevent future mould growth (Mould Management Program)
- Procedures for inspection, testing and assessment of mould and bacterial contamination
- Mould abatement procedures, small to large scale
Format and Methodology:
This is a three-day seminar. The course material is based on extensive field experience, and presents several case studies.
The attendees will have a chance to interpret real survey and testing results, and plan the remediation of actual real world situations. The course manual is an extensive reference and includes several of the most important standards and guidelines.
This seminar is also available for on-site presentation, either in the two-day format or in a condensed version to fit specific needs.
Awards and Points
Need a group of people trained? Need a course other than the dates provided? It may be more productive to have custom training for your environmental & health and safety needs.
Complete the "Quote form" and one of our Trainers will give you a call to provide an accurate quote and further details.Request a Quote
This Course; Please feel free to contact us for more information about this course via the blue "Have a Question About this Course" button near the top of this page or call us at 1.855.PINCHIN (746-2446).
Other Courses: It is best to use the "Have a Question About this Course" button at the top of the appropriate Course page, but should you wish to talk to us about courses not listed on our website, please use our Ontario Courses Contact Form, our Manitoba Courses Contact Form or call us at 1.855.PINCHIN (746-2446) ext 1335.
- Pinchin Consulting Services: To contact us about Consulting Services related to this course, please us the blue "Contact Us" button in the left hand column to reach us via email or phone.
Have a Question for Our Course Leader?
Pinchin delivers close to a hundred seminars per year and we recognize that some people are not comfortable asking potentially sensitive questions in an open forum. We will gladly deal with these one-on-one but if you want to email the question ahead of time, we'll make sure we answer it during the seminar. Send questions to General Inquiries at our Head Office.
Pinchin Ltd. speakers are consultants and engineers working in their respective areas and selected from our staff for their knowledge and presentation skills.