Introduction to Radon
This complimentary seminar was created to educate clients and prospects on the health effects of radon; dispel any misconceptions; and give a clear understanding of the requirements involved in the assessment and mitigation of Radon and why all buildings must be tested.
Did you know radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer behind cigarette smoking?
Attend the session and learn what radon means for you.
Items discussed during the Session:
- What is radon?
- Exposure and health effects of radon exposure
- Health Canada Guideline
- How and why to test for radon (short vs. long term testing)
- What if my residence/workplace has high radon levels?
- Tips to Reduce your Exposure
- Scott Cryer, P.Geo., Operations Manager, Hazardous Materials Group
- Susanne Nash, B.Sc., Radon Measurement Professional, Occupational Hygiene Technologist
- Heather Swail, B.A.Env. Studies, Project Technologist, Occupational Health & Safety Group
This Course; Please feel free to contact us for more information about this course via the blue "Have a Question About this Course" button near the top of this page or call us at 1.855.PINCHIN (746-2446).
Other Courses: It is best to use the "Have a Question About this Course" button at the top of the appropriate Course page, but should you wish to talk to us about courses not listed on our website, please use our Ontario Courses Contact Form, our Manitoba Courses Contact Form or call us at 1.855.PINCHIN (746-2446) ext 1335.
- Pinchin Consulting Services: To contact us about Consulting Services related to this course, please us the blue "Contact Us" button in the left hand column to reach us via email or phone.
Have a Question for Our Course Leader?
Pinchin delivers close to a hundred seminars per year and we recognize that some people are not comfortable asking potentially sensitive questions in an open forum. We will gladly deal with these one-on-one but if you want to email the question ahead of time, we'll make sure we answer it during the seminar. Send questions to General Inquiries at our Head Office.
Pinchin Ltd. speakers are consultants and engineers working in their respective areas and selected from our staff for their knowledge and presentation skills.