Environmental Microbiology Laboratory
Concerned About Toxic Moulds and Bacteria?
Are you concerned about toxic moulds such as Strachybotrys chartarum and bacteria (such as E. Coli) affecting the health and safety of building occupants?
Pinchin provides a full range of microbiology lab services for moulds, bacteria and dust:
- Mould, bacteria and dust sampling, testing and analysis, including bulk, air and surface samples
- Isolation, identification and culturing of moulds commonly detected in air, fluids and bulk samples
- Identification, quantification and analysis to the species level for moulds of importance to air quality and of significance to health
- Access the exclusive Pinchin Ambient Mould Index (PAMI), a unique database tool that provides ambient mould spore counts on a regional basis, when you use Pinchin Environmental’s Microbial laboratory
- Direct microscope analysis of spore trap samples to identify fungal spores and particulate
- Analysis of swab and bulk samples for sewage-indicator bacteria
Highest Accreditation (AIHA) Standards:
- Accredited by the AIHA (American Industrial Hygiene Association) Environmental Microbiological Laboratory Accreditation Program (EMLAP) Quality Assurance Program - one of only 5 accredited labs in Canada
- We participate in the AIHA Environmental Microbiology Proficiency Analytical Testing (EMPAT) Program (Lab ID#158835),
- All lab protocols are based on the above or/and on other internationally recognized laboratories or journals
- View our AIHA Certificate here
Home Owners please visit our Home Owner’s Mould Section.
Rush microbiology lab service available, within 4 hours of receipt
Experienced, highly accredited on-site experts can answer questions and offer training seminars and courses.
A Chain of Custody form is required with all lab samples.
Moulds: Please see "How to Take a Mould or Bacteria Sample"
Bacteria or Legionella sampling: Please contact Dr. Rafic Dulymamode via our Microbiology Laboratory Contact Page.
For further information concerning the Pinchin Environmental Microbiology Lab, please contact Dr. Rafic Dulymamode by phone or email via our Microbiology Laboratory Contact Page. Map and directions are included there.
Contact Pinchin Consulting Services
To contact us about Consulting Services related to this topic, please use the blue "Contact Us" button in the left hand column to reach us by phone or email.