Confined Space Consulting
Pinchin Environmental Confined Space Services:
- In-House Awareness Sessions
- Gap Analysis (e.g. current program vs. new regulation)
- Program Updates
- Hazard Assessments
- Plan and Permit Development
- Training (general and plan specific)
- Other on-site consultation customized to the specific requirements of the client.
Industrial Establishments & Other Section Regulations
Amendments to the Industrial Establishments Regulation (as well as three other sector regulations and a new generic confined space regulation) came into effect Sept. 30th, 2006.
To briefly summarize, an employer must:
- Prepare a Confined Space Program (among other things, the program will set out the roles and responsibilities of workplace parties).
- Conduct a Hazard Assessment to identify confined spaces and the associated hazards. This assessment must be done by a “qualified person” who must sign and date the assessment report.
- Prepare Plans for each space or spaces “of similar construction and present the same hazards” (i.e. the safe entry procedures).
- Prepare Permits to be completed each time a space is entered, to ensure and document that the appropriate plan has been followed.
- Provide plan-specific training.
There are other requirements of the regulation including preparing “Co-ordination Documents” for entries where employees from more than one employer may enter the space.
For more detailed information please see our PEN 29 Newletter, "Ontario's New Confined Space Regulations" .
To automatically receive notification when our newsletters are published, please sign up for our newsletter.
Confined Space Courses & Complimentary Sessions:
For information about training in relation to confined space, see our Occupational Health & Safety Courses Page..
Ontario Gazette - O.Reg 628/05
For information about O.Reg 628/05 from the Ontario Gazette, see PDF Below.
Contact Pinchin Consulting Services
To contact us about Consulting Services related to this topic, please use the blue "Contact Us" button in the left hand column to reach us by phone or email.