Occupational Health & Safety Training Programs
Providing your employees with an awareness of your organization’s occupational health and safety (OH&S) policies and procedures, and ensuring they have the technical knowledge and skills to perform their duties safely, are critical components of any company’s OH&S management system. An organization’s expectations for OH&S performance must be established and communicate through clear instruction and training.
Pinchin Has Been Providing Successful OH&S Training for Over 25 Years.
We offer flexible, workplace-specific courses for all levels of your organization, not only to meet your regulatory obligations, but also to assist you in communicating your company’s OH&S commitment and performance objectives.
All courses are delivered by experienced and qualified trainers, including Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (CRSP), Registered Occupational Hygienists (ROH) and Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH).
For more information about our OH&S courses, either at our offices or at your place of work, please contact us, by phone or email, according to your province:
Courses & Complimentary Sessions
Many of our courses and complimentary sessions are presented at our offices or nearby hotels. Theses are listed here.
OH&S Courses Available from Pinchin Environmental:
Occupational Hygiene (and Chemical Safety)
- Respiratory Protection
- Respirator Fit-Testing
- Confined Space Entry
- Confined Space Rescue
- Confined Space Gas Testing
- Designated Substances (e.g. Lead, Silica, Isocyanates)
- Occupational Hygiene Sampling (Air, Noise and Surface Sampling)
- Hearing Conservation
- Heat Stress
- Beryllium Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Selection, Use and Management
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Hot Work
- Fall Protection
- Lift Truck
- Hazard Identification
- Indoor Cranes and Rigging
- Fire Safety
- Ladders and Scaffolds
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Accident/Incident Investigation
- Workplace Inspections
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Part II JHSC Certification
- Manual Materials Handling
- Spill Response
- Emergency Response
- Incident Command and Control
- Effective Safety Committees
- OH&S Management Systems
- OH&S for Managers and Supervisors (“Competency Training”)
- Introduction to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Introduction to the Canada Labour Code (Part II) and the Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
Building-Related Hazardous Materials
- Lead (and other Designated Substances)
- Office Air Quality
- Construction/Maintenance Related Infection Control in Health Care Facilities
Pinchin staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to help you meet your training objectives on time and cost-effectively.
Pinchin specializes in workplace-specific training. Our consultants are available to conduct pre-training needs assessments of your workplace and assist in the development of written programs and procedures, when required. This information is incorporated into the training materials to ensure that our courses are truly workplace-specific.
Pinchin is also available to deliver train-the-trainer sessions on all topics.
Course durations vary depending on the topic and the needs of the attendees. Durations range from 1-hour awareness sessions to 3-day intensive courses. Pinchin’s staff work with the client during a pre-training meeting to determine the most appropriate program.
Have a need for a number of training courses? Bundle them together and save! Our OH&S staff would be pleased to meet with you to discuss your training needs and are available to assist you in conducting a Training Needs Assessment. Simply contact our Ontario Courses Desk or our Manitoba Courses Desk.