Although we have been focused on managing the impact of COVID-19 in the past few weeks, we are often reminded that we are part of a global effort to improve the world beyond this pandemic. Today marks 50 years for Earth Day with the focus for 2020 being climate action.
“Climate change represents the biggest challenge to the future of humanity and the life-support systems that make our world habitable.”earthday.org
Earth Day 2020 will feel a little different from previous years as many of us are working from home (and reducing our carbon footprint) as part of our COVID-19 safety process. But, regardless of our location and current challenges, we can still try to make a difference.
So, we’re passing along a few things we can all do today to maintain our tradition and support our planet.
- Encourage family and friends to participate in Earth Day activities at home.
- As much as possible leave your car at home. Utilize your bike or walk for exercise, but ensure to practice social distancing.
- “Turn off the lights”, energy conservation. Plan activities all day with the lights off.
- Waste diversion. Make an effort to recycle and divert as much from our landfills as you can.
- If you are starting to garden, consider planting some pollinator flowers to attract bees, which are essential to our food chain.
- Think before you print.
Leave a comment below and tell us what you plan to do for Earth Day and inspire us all to do more.
If you need guidance with reducing your carbon footprint, our national team of experts would be happy to help you and your business. Contact your local Pinchin team or call us toll-free at 1-855-PINCHIN (746-2446).